Collegamenti ai contenuti della pagina:
il contenuto della pagina -
il menu di navigazione -
Degree seeking students

Contenuto della pagina

Pre-enroll at the Italian Embassy

International students residing abroad have to contact the Italian embassy or consulate in their country and submit a PRE-ENROLLMENT application to our university DIRECTLY to them, the deadlines 2018 are between 19 February and 24 July. This is not necessary if you are already in Italy with a regular permit of stay. 

Ministry rules 2018 here
It takes time to prepare documents and get an appointment, so contact the Italian embassy well in advance.
Find here the Italian embassy in your country and check in their webpage which documents they ask

Documents to prepare for enrollment at the University of Pavia
Your school or academic titles must be translated, legalized and accompanied by a “Dichiarazione di Valore”.

Your original documents will be kept in our offices for the whole period of your studies in Pavia.
For courses in English, you do not need to sit the test of Italian Knowledge or present certificates of Italian knowledge .


The Declaration of Value will confirm us that you can access the course of your interest and that you did the minimum of 12 years schooling.

For countries members of the Hague convention of 5 October 1961 legalization can be done with Apostille.

Signature legalization is not necessary for acts and documents released by a foreign Embassy or Consulate in Italy of the following countries members of the London Convention of 7 June 1968 or the Brussels Convention of 25 May 1987: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Ireland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Moldova, Norway, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey.

Signature legalization is not necessary for acts and documents released by Administrative Authorities of the following countries: Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland, Latvia (Brussels Convention 25 May 1987), Germany (Rome Convention of 7 June 1969), Hungary (Budapest Convention of 26 May 1977).

For those countries where embassies are closed or for refugees, displaced people and people in a refugee-like situation who cannot present proper documentation, it is possible to contact CIMEA that offers a service of Statement of comparability of foreign qualifications. Please specify that we also need a check on authenticity. The service is free of charge for refugees.

Translations must be made according to the rules foreseen in the country where the document is produced and confirmed by the local Italian authorities.
In case of Italian citizens or international students regularly residing in Italy, even certified translations are acceptable if sworn at the Court (if allowed by the Court) and by foreign Diplomatic Representatives in Italy.

Codice Fiscale is issued by Agenzia delle Entrate,in Italy, but it is possible to work out a provisional one in our registration webpage, provided that you carefully write your surname and name as per your passport. When in Italy, you will request an official one to Agenzia delle Entrate in Corso Mazzini 18, Pavia and hand it to your segreteria upon enrollment.

If you enroll to a course in Italian, you have to pass a test of Italian knowledge or present proper certification.