CICOPS PresentationCICOPS was established in 1987 in order to promote cooperation with developing countries and stimulate relations between the University of Pavia and universities in developing countries.
MissionCICOPS is committed to human development and institution and capacity building in developing countries. This aim is achieved by offering young people concrete opportunities to grow and contribute to the development of their countries. After twenty years of experience in the field of cooperation and development, it is clear that study and joint research projects between colleagues from different parts of the world can help us to plan for a better future. With this in mind, CICOPS works to create an ever-growing network of international contacts, including foreign universities, governments and international and non-governmental organizations. University cooperation is a fundamental vehicle for diffusing knowledge as well as a potent instrument for dialogue and peace.
- Management of cooperation programmes and projects;
- Cultural, scientific and technical-professional training of academic staff, researchers and government officials from developing countries and Italy;
- Joint research initiatives;
- "Sister" Post-Graduate Programmes at the University of Bethlehem and the University of San Buenaventura, Cartegena;
- Curricula development with partner institutions in developing countries;
- Encouragement of student exchanges between the University of Pavia and universities in developing countries;
- Information, training and guidance for Italian personnel and volunteers assigned to developing countries;
- Upon request from the Italian Foreign Ministry, the European Union and other institutions, organization of courses and seminars for training, qualifying and updating personnel working in the field of cooperation and development.
President: Prof. Gian Battista Parigi
Technical Scientific Committee:
Prof. Lorenzo Rampa - Board of Directors
Prof. Ernesto Bettinelli - Faculty of Law
Prof. Marco Missaglia - Faculty of Political Science
Prof. Maria Sassi - Faculty of Economics
Prof. Clelia Mora - Faculty of Humanities and Philosophy
Prof. Gian Battista Parigi - Facutly of Medicine and Surgery
Prof. Paolo Ferloni- Faculty of Mathematics, Physical and Natural Sciences
Prof. Maria Cristina Collivignarelli - Faculty of Engineering
Prof. Cinzia Boselli - Faculty of Pharmacy
Prof. Daniele Sabaino - Faculty of Musicology
Prof. Silvio Beretta - Centre for the Study of Non-European Peoples "Cesare Bonacossa"
Administrative Secretary: Angela Segagni